CLASSES – 2018
Raising bilingual children: a practical course for parents of children aged 0 to 5
The aim of the course is to provide parents with the knowledge and skills they need to support the successful development of two or more languages in their children.
Last 2017 course took place on 11th November. 2018 dates coming soon!
YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
- how children develop two languages from birth
- how children learn an additional language
- strategies to support the use of the home language
- strategies to foster bilingualism throughout childhood
- cognitive, linguistic and educational benefits of bilingualism
- The course is designed for parents of under 5’s.
- Small class size to allow discussions and group work.
- Course materials and handouts are included in the price.
- Prices are per person
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dr. Francesca La Morgia has been supporting families with bilingual children for 10 years. She has a Ph.D. in childhood bilingualism, and she has taught in UCD, DCU and the University of Reading. She is currently Assistant Professor in Clinical Speech and Language Studies in Trinity College Dublin. Her research focuses on the role of input, interaction and family language policy in bilingual language development.