The bilingual child
Part 3, Keeping two languages alive: the primary school years (live webinar)
Part one of this course on bilingualism focuses on the development of two languages in children between the ages of 7 and 10.
Participants will learn about:
- How children who are bilingual can progress with the two (or more) languages throughout the primary school years
- Reading and writing in two languages
- Activities that boost language and literacy skills in primary school
- How Mother Tongues supports bilingual/multilingual families
During the session, there will be time to discuss questions from participants.
Who is this course for?
- Parents/carers or relatives of primary school children who are growing up in a home where two or more languages are spoken
- Parents/carers or relatives of primary school children who attend bilingual programmes (such as Gaelscoileanna or dual language programmes)
- Primary school teachers working with children who grow up using two or more languages
- Primary school teachers working in bilingual settings (such as Gaelscoileanna or dual language programmes)
How do I register?
All our webinars are free for Mother Tongues members. To become a member, follow this link https://mothertongues.ie/membership/. All members receive an email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
Find out more about the speaker.