- This event has passed.
The bilingual child ~ Live Webinar ~ Part 3
May 21 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree – €35
The bilingual child
Part 3, Keeping two languages alive: the primary school years. Live webinar. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Back by popular demand, The Bilingual Child will return in May 2020!
The Bilingual Child is an accessible webinar open to parents and teachers who want to learn more about bilingualism. This course is free to Mother Tongues members.
Part one of this course on bilingualism focuses on the development of two languages in children between the ages of 7 and 10.
Participants will learn about:
- How children who are bilingual can progress with the two (or more) languages throughout the primary school years
- Reading and writing in two languages
- Activities that boost language and literacy skills in primary school
- How Mother Tongues supports bilingual/multilingual families
During the session, there will be time to discuss questions from participants.
Who is this course for?
- Parents/carers or relatives of primary school children who are growing up in a home where two or more languages are spoken
- Parents/carers or relatives of primary school children who attend bilingual programmes (such as Gaelscoileanna or dual language programmes)
- Primary school teachers working with children who grow up using two or more languages
- Primary school teachers working in bilingual settings (such as Gaelscoileanna or dual language programmes)
How do I register?
Go to Eventbrite, click here.