- This event has passed.
The bilingual child ~ Live Webinar ~ Part 2
May 14 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree – €35
The bilingual child
Part 2, Chatting in two languages: focus on the language skills of 3 to 6-year-olds. Live webinar. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Back by popular demand, The Bilingual Child will return in May 2020!
The Bilingual Child is an accessible webinar open to parents and teachers who want to learn more about bilingualism. This course is free to Mother Tongues members.
Part one of this course on bilingualism focuses on the development of two languages in children between the ages of 4 and 6.
Participants will learn about:
- How children become bilingual in the first years of life
- Typical language development in bilingual children between the ages of 3 and 6
- Activities that boost language skills in early childhood
- How Mother Tongues supports bilingual/multilingual families
During the session, there will be time to discuss questions from participants
Who is this course for?
- Expectant families who want to raise children with two or more languages
- Parents/carers of young children (ages 3 to 6) who are growing up in a home where two or more languages are spoken
- Parents/carers of young children (ages 3 to 6) who attend immersion programmes (such as Naíonraí and Gaelscoileanna) or dual language programmes
- Early years educators or teachers working with children who grow up using two or more languages
- Early years educators or teachers in immersion settings (such as Naíonraí and Gaelscoileanna).
How do I register?
Go to Eventbrite, click here.