The bilingual child
Part 2, Chatting in two languages: focus on the language skills of 3 to 6-year-olds (live webinar)
Part one of this course on bilingualism focuses on the development of two languages in children between the ages of 4 and 6.
Participants will learn about:
- How children become bilingual in the first years of life
- Typical language development in bilingual children between the ages of 3 and 6
- Activities that boost language skills in early childhood
- How Mother Tongues supports bilingual/multilingual families
During the session, there will be time to discuss questions from participants
Who is this course for?
- Expectant families who want to raise children with two or more languages
- Parents/carers of young children (ages 3 to 6) who are growing up in a home where two or more languages are spoken
- Parents/carers of young children (ages 3 to 6) who attend immersion programmes (such as Naíonraí and Gaelscoileanna) or dual language programmes
- Early years educators or teachers working with children who grow up using two or more languages
- Early years educators or teachers in immersion settings (such as Naíonraí and Gaelscoileanna).
How do I register?
All our webinars are free for Mother Tongues members. To become a member, follow this link https://mothertongues.ie/membership/. All members receive an email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
Find out more about the speaker.