- This event has passed.
The bilingual child ~ Live Webinar ~ Part 1
April 2 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree
The bilingual child
Part 1, first language steps for babies and toddlers (live webinar)
This live webinar focuses on the development of two languages in children between the ages of 0 and 3.
Participants will learn about:
○ How children become bilingual
○ What to expect in the first three years of life
○ Activities that boost language skills in early childhood
○ How Mother Tongues supports bilingual/multilingual families
During the session, there will be time to discuss questions from participants
Who is this course for?
○ Expectant families who want to raise children with two or more languages
○ Parents/carers of young children (ages 0 to 3) who are growing up in a home where two or more languages are spoken
○ Parents/carers of young children (ages 0 to 3) who attend immersion programmes (such as Naíonraí) or dual language programmes
○ Early years educators working with children who grow up using two or more languages
○ Early years educators in immersion settings (such as Naíonraí).
How do I register?
All our webinars are free for Mother Tongues members. To become a member, follow this link https://mothertongues.ie/membership/. All members receive an email with instructions on how to join the webinar.