The bilingual child
Part 1, first language steps for babies and toddlers (live webinar)
This live webinar focuses on the development of two languages in children between the ages of 0 and 3.
Participants will learn about:
○ How children become bilingual
○ What to expect in the first three years of life
○ Activities that boost language skills in early childhood
○ How Mother Tongues supports bilingual/multilingual families
During the session, there will be time to discuss questions from participants
Who is this course for?
○ Expectant families who want to raise children with two or more languages
○ Parents/carers of young children (ages 0 to 3) who are growing up in a home where two or more languages are spoken
○ Parents/carers of young children (ages 0 to 3) who attend immersion programmes (such as Naíonraí) or dual language programmes
○ Early years educators working with children who grow up using two or more languages
○ Early years educators in immersion settings (such as Naíonraí).
How do I register?
All our webinars are free for Mother Tongues members. To become a member, follow this link https://mothertongues.ie/membership/. All members receive an email with instructions on how to join the webinar.