Discover Mother Tongues Festival 2024!
Plan Your Multilingual Creative Adventure
What is Mother Tongues Festival?
A detailed festival breakdown
Events for educators, Teachers, Parents and all the grown-ups out there curious about multilingualism
- Il Cerchio – A documentary that catapults viewers into a classroom, where children share thoughts and emotions, and discuss their unique perspectives on the world around them – More info & booking here
- Transcultural Theatre and Artistic Activism – A morning of conversations with Bologna-based artists Pietro Floridia and Sara Pour, focused on creating art in transcultural environments and on the opportunities and challenges artists who have relocated encounter – More info & booking here
- Family language planning – During the workshop, participants will learn about some linguistic strategies used by bilingual and plurilingual families, discuss some common challenges, and reflect on ways of supporting their children’s linguistic development. – More info & booking here
- Creativity and Multilingualism – An engaging exploration of Creativity and Multilingualism, organised in collaboration with Trinity College’s School of Education, with the participation of Early Childhood Ireland. FREE – More info & booking here
Highlights for children
- La mia casa, la mia città – Commencing with a short storytelling with the kamishibai narrative technique, we will explore the various interpretations of the theme of home. In ITALIAN. More info and booking here.
- Pstryk! Explore the world of sounds with storytelling and creative movements inspired by Polish folklore. in POLISH. More info and booking here. More events in Polish for children 5+ and for children 3 to 6.
- The Word Factory. A non-verbal show that combines the power of language with physical theatre and live music. More info and booking here.
- Birds Nest and Fly – This felt-making workshop will invite participants to explore the world of birds across cultural stories. In ENGLISH, Bulgarian and Russian. More info and booking here.
Harmony in Diversity – An interactive storytelling music workshop that transcends boundaries to learn and appreciate the qualities that make each of us unique. In ENGLISH and Swahili. More info and booking here.
But this is only a selection! There’s a wonderful range of events to choose from and we encourage everyone to explore the programme, find something they like and try something new and different, maybe in a new language. We look forward to seeing you there!
Ready for #MTFest24?
Plan your multilingual creative adventure!
We want to thank Sara Pour, the Illustrator of this year’s Festival poster image.
A special thank you to our friends, sponsors and funders
for supporting our mission to promote multilingualism and intercultural dialogue in Ireland.