Mother Tongues seeks Participation & Learning Coordinator
Mother Tongues is a non-profit organization based in Ireland, dedicated to empowering bilingual children through creativity and the arts. Our mission is to help these children grow up with confidence in their linguistic and cultural identities. As a social enterprise, we are committed to promoting multilingualism and fostering intercultural dialogue in Ireland.
Mother Tongues wishes to define and reach out to audiences that are currently unaware of the services it is offering by engaging a Participation & Learning Coordinator whose primary focus will be to target specific audiences.
The initial phase of this position will be to research and identify communities, primarily in South Dublin County, that are not yet engaging with Mother Tongues’s services. The successful candidate will be asked to identify a small number of suitable communities and to develop relationships with them. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic advocate for multilingualism and cultural diversity, with excellent communication and community engagement skills.
- Audience Identification and Outreach:
- Research and identify potential target groups, communities, and individuals in South Dublin County who could benefit from Mother Tongues’ programmes and services, including but not limited to the International Protection Applicants
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively reach out to these audiences through various channels, including community events, workshops, social media, and local partnerships.
- Collaborate with local organizations, schools, and community centres to expand the organization’s reach and impact.
- Community Engagement:
- Build and nurture relationships with diverse communities to promote multilingualism and cultural awareness.
- Organize and participate in community events, workshops, and information sessions to raise awareness about Mother Tongues’ initiatives.
- Act as a liaison between Mother Tongues and the communities it serves, ensuring their voices and needs are heard and addressed.
- Take part in various Language Explorers sessions (mainly on Saturdays) to act as a liaison with the community and to be the first port of call for parents and their questions about raising bilingual children.
- Data Collection and Reporting:
- Collect and maintain accurate data on audience engagement, feedback, and impact to evaluate the effectiveness of outreach efforts.
- Prepare regular reports and recommendations for improving outreach strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., education, community development, cultural studies) or equivalent work experience.
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Mother Tongues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect with diverse communities.
- Experience in community engagement, outreach, or similar roles.
- Knowledge of bilingualism, multiculturalism, and issues related to linguistic and cultural identity is a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Access to reliable transportation for community visits and events is desirable
Position Title: Participation & Learning Coordinator
Contract Duration: Term Year (January to June and September to December 2024)
Employment Type: Part-time (2.5 days per week, including some Saturdays) Freelance/Self-Employed contract with a potential one-year extension (subject to funding).
Compensation: € 15,000
Work Location: Remote, but the candidate must be able to travel around County Dublin. There is also an option to work from the Mother Tongues office, situated in the Rua Red Arts Centre, Tallaght.
References: The appointment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your motivation for applying to email@example.com with the title “Participation & Learning Coordinator application”.
Application Deadline: Sunday 12th of November
Mother Tongues is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace.