Language Explorers facilitator training and work opportunity
Train as a Language Explorers facilitator and work with young children and their families in a creative and multilingual way!
If you are a skilled artist experienced in creating and delivering engaging activities for children and proficient in a language other than English, we have an exciting opportunity for you. Mother Tongues is currently offering training to individuals interested in joining a paid panel of facilitators. This panel will be called upon to conduct workshops in County Dublin.
At Mother Tongues, we envision a society that embraces different cultures and languages. Our mission is to curate multilingual creative experiences where artists and communities connect across languages and cultures.
Language Explorers is our flagship programme for children aged 3 to 6 and their families. Language Explorers provides a child-centred, interactive and engaging experience for all children – monolingual, bilingual and plurilingual.
Who should register?
Developed to be equal parts practical and inspirational, this new training is designed for artists with experience developing and/or delivering creative experiences to children and a passion for working with this audience.
Do you want to…?
A desire to work with children in the early years is essential.
- Learn the Language Explorers method
- Develop your reflection and facilitation skills
- Design a programme of Language Explorers workshops based on your artistic practice and background.
- Once the training is successfully completed, you will be part of a panel of Language Explorers facilitators. Mother Tongues draws from this panel of freelance contracted facilitators to deliver Language Explorers family workshops within their network.
This training combines online and in-person elements. It will run over approx 3 months with an estimated overall time commitment of 40 hours. Self-directed learning is an important element of this training.
- Deadline to apply: November 12th, 2023
- Notifications sent by November 17th, 2023
- Interviews between the 20th and 30th of November 2023
- Final notifications by December 7th, 2023
- Start/orientation session: 2nd week of December 2023 (online)
- Self-led learning with booklet and further resources: December 2023 – January 2024
- 1-1 online sessions with your mentor: January-February 2024 (online)
- Observation of trained artists facilitating Language Explorers: February-March 2024 (in-person)
- Submission of your workshops plan and final assessment: March 2023 (online)
Please note: we will only consider applications from artists with experience in working with early years children and who can committ to deliver Mother Tongues’ Language Explorers workshops in County Dublin in 2024. Workshops are organised mainly on Saturdays.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Open for applications throughout the year.
Mother Tongues is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage applications from individuals of a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience.
What other Language Explorers facilitators say: