Part-Time, Unpaid Internship – 15 h/week - September 2022/February 2023
Mother Tongues is a social enterprise working to promote multilingualism and intercultural dialogue in Ireland. We do this through three interconnected goals:
- Educating and empowering parents and educators
- Creating networks and support groups for multilingual families
- Raising awareness of the benefits of multilingualism and intercultural dialogue for individuals and society.
We are now looking for a qualified intern to join our team and to help us make an impact in our society. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad hands-on experience in various aspects of the communications of a not-for-profit organisation.
The Communications Officer will work with and report to the Operations Manager of Mother Tongues.
- Some prior experience and/or knowledge of communications or marketing achieved through third-level education
- Understanding of best practice across the main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter
- Excellent writing skills and ability to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communication skills when working independently and with a team
- Good time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of Google Workspace – essential
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator, Trello and/or Asana – an asset
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative
Deadline for applications: October 8th 2022
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org